Menu

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jasmine Star: theFIX

I set four alarms, watched the clock as the minutes got closer to 12PM EST, made a game plan (and a back up plan), opened two web browsers and prayed to God the tickets wouldn't sell out for Boston. There was nothing more I wanted than to attend this seminar so I could finally meet her. I used two computers, cried (like many other people) when the site crashed, and then after an hour (and almost giving up, thank God for my Mom and her persistence of making my dream a reality), I had two tickets in my inbox. The Golden tickets of my life.

I have followed Jasmine religiously for the past year. The day I found her facebook and blog it changed my photography world and my life. She was the first person I saw on the web that shared her knowledge and expertise with her dedicated followers, all 57, 567 of us. At this point in my career I was hitting rock bottom, not knowing if this was something I wanted to continue. It just seemed to hard and my latest encounters for guidance and help just frankly sucked.  I clicked on her facebook, looked through her wall, her amazing photos, and listened to an installment of J*.  It was like a message was sent from above and fate that I found her that day. It made me realize so many things about my photography. How could I give up something I was so passionate about? Why would I let other people push me away from it? Why care what other people think? Feeling not alone in all of this was one of the greatest feelings ever. She had gone through the same struggles I was going through and continued to push through. That day, sitting on my couch crying with tissues, Jasmine changed me, inspired me, gave me hope - and for that, I will always be grateful to her. She picked me up when I needed it most and she didn't even know who I was.

My best friend and I were lucky enough to be one of the 169 people to snag a ticket to theFix. We joined theFix Boston group and starting making friends instantly. We meet up with the group prior to the seminar, had a photo shoot/walk (photos: here) organized by Briana at Wake Up, Juliet and then had dinner with them. Talk about networking! theFix for me was more than just photography and networking, it taught me about life. Everything Jasmine talked about related to so many aspects of my life. Challenging the challenges of life and moving forward into becoming the best person I can be. My business and who I am becoming have been strongly influenced by the lessons I have learned from her.


 Yes, it's true... I totally want her to shoot my wedding someday!
 I am so thankful to have meet this wonderful group of photographers and the beautiful photographer who captured this image of us.
 Thanks so much Maria! M Clark Photography
 The photo walkers headed into theFIX
 The most inspirational reading material a photographer could have. One of many favorite quotes:

"There are too many people who are desperate for what it is you're wanting. And remember, desperation makes people do whatever it takes to stay afloat, regardless of how black the horizon appears or how hard the work." -Jasmine Star



How could I forget to mention JD! My new photo friend Jenn and I got a few minutes to talk to JD and both got hugs! :) 
Talk about a charmer, you're a lucky lady Jasmine!

1 comment: