Menu

Friday, May 18, 2012

Wedding Planners or Not?


When thinking about planning a wedding it makes my head spin! How do brides do it? I haven't had the opportunity to walk down the aisle yet (I can wait a few years!) but the planning seems crazy! I envy brides and their families for the hard work and hundreds of hours spent into creating their fantasy wedding. Sometimes planning with family can be beyond stressful, so why not involve a professional in the planning? If you are a bride contemplating whether or not to hire a wedding planner I highly recommend it! Let me reword that, I strongly suggest hiring a wedding planner. Not only will they take stress off of the big day, they will help you from day one of hiring them. They will help coordinate your creative team (photographer, cater, makeup artist, baker etc.). I can't explain how helpful a planner is on the wedding day for a photographer, I can't speak for other vendors but for a photographer, they are pieces of gold. Wedding planners are also extremely good at fixing problems ASAP.  If a problem was to arise on your wedding day, I can rest assure your wedding planner will have it fixed before you may even know. They are serious miracle workers and let's be honest who wouldn't want their own Mary Fiore, minus the falling in love with the groom part. There are many wonderful wedding planners in Maine (Weddings by Holly, Events by Jenni and Paradis & Foster Events LLC ) to just name a few. These super organized and amazing people can take the stress and worries away and give you the day you have always dreamed of.  

I watch every bridal show around. Friday nights are devoted to Say Yes to The Dress and to My Big Fat Gypsy wedding. When I am not watching wedding shows, my addiction of the TV network Bravo appears. After watching my girl Bethenny rock snowboarding this week, I started watching the new show that came on directly after it. The Wedding Party, a show strictly focused on weddings and in particular a famous wedding planner named Kristin Banta. Oh my! Amazing! She is fabulous! She has an incredible team that works with/for her and they make wedding dreams come true. I will definitely be watching this season! If you want to see beautiful and extremely unique weddings tune in on Monday nights at 11:00pm, you won't be disappointed! Oh yeah, sorry if you aren't a night owl like me, I am a late night TV watcher! If you're asleep by 11:00, I am sure you can find it online to re-watch.  :)

This is Kristin! She is gorg isn't she!?


Just in case you missed the Mary Fiore reference

1 comment: