Menu

Monday, May 21, 2012

Random Monday: Grey's Anatomy with a life lesson

If you have had a chance to read my About Section of the blog you have seen that I have openly admitted I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy. So much that when Patrick Dempsey was in Maine for his annual cancer benefit road and bike race, my parents and I stood in line for 2 hours so I could meet him. Yeah, that's right, I met McDreamy, there's proof. The addiction has caused me to skip out on plans and schedule my life around 9pm on Thursday nights. I can count on one hand how many times I have missed an episode. As season 8 wrapped up, I was left with many unanswered questions, just like all the other thousands of viewers. I know this because I creep look on the show's fan page on Facebook frequently. Airplane crash, residents relocating, and possibility more deaths?! What more could the writer, Shonda, write for one episode?! Even though it has been days since the season finale I can't stop thinking about how heart wrenching the scene was when Mark confessed his love to Lexi, as she lay pinned under a huge part of the airplane debris. As Lexi laid there dying, Mark finally admitted to her he has loved her along and always will. In her last few moments, he started planning their future: babies, marriage, you name it he said. Right then and there, not even 15 minutes into the show, I was a ball of tears. I am tearing just thinking about it now!

WARNING: If you sappy like me I recommend some tissues if you watch this scene.


The topic of this post has absolutely nothing to do with photography (in case you were hoping or wondering). It has to do with love and life. This episode clearly demonstrates you need to let the ones you love know you love them. Don't keep it to yourself and say it often. After Lexi died, Mark even admitted he waited too long to tell her. We unfortunately don't realize it's too late until it's too late and there is no going back. Just remember that life is extremely unexpected and you don't want to live with the regret of losing the one you love without telling them how you truly feel. This is a life lesson that is too often learned the hard way.

All you Grey's fans out there... what will YOU be doing on Thursday nights now!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment